Reports to: Project Director, YSC
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Living Redemption Community Development Corporation (LRCDC) is an independent Harlem-based nonprofit, dba Living Redemption Youth Opportunity Hub (LRYOH), founded in 2019 to catalyze Central and West Harlem’s homegrown “Credible Messengers,” who are part of the larger Credible Messenger and Transformative Mentoring Movement. With a mission to Save Lives and Heal Communities One Relationship at a Time, LRCDC offers restorative transformation for Central and West Harlem’s most vulnerable populations by providing intensive Credible Messenger-led mentoring, community outreach, and a holistic model of programs and services, including wraparound support and advocacy.
The Youth Coordination Services Project (YSC) at Living Redemption Community Development Corporation will be the central coordinating mechanism for delivering mentorship, crisis intervention and city services to youth ages 12-15 and 16-19 and their families, at their request, from seven (7) NYCHA sites in our catchment areas in West and East Harlem and the Lower East Side. LRCDC will work in partnership with MOCJ to bring together city agencies at a local and system level to streamline services for youth and their families with multi-system engagement.
Youth Coordination Services Social Workers will support the full coordination of services for their assigned locations or sites in Manhattan, NY. This role will directly supervise the site’s assigned Case Manager(s) and Navigator(s). Social workers will regularly interface with the Project’s senior leadership, families of participating youth, local city agency caseworkers, community-based partners, and MOCJ staff, as appropriate.
Other duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Regularly prepare high-level service delivery reports to their assigned Project Director, LRCDC staff, and MOCJ, as appropriate, to inform case conferences, crisis intervention and system alignment
- Lead family service plans and crisis intervention work.
- Help families access appropriate resources and services in the right sequence and in a streamlined manner.
- Support Case Managers and Navigators in developing youth service plans, projects and community referral networks.
- Attend case conferences and actively participates in the agenda.
- Supervise case management practice, and implementation of the Project’s mentorship and crisis intervention framework and service delivery model with oversight from their assigned Project Director and support from the Director of Technical Assistance, as appropriate.
- Other tasks as requested by LRCDC’s Director of Programs that are necessary for an effective Project implementation as well as ongoing for the overall Project as appropriate.
DEGREE & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- One of the three (3) Social Worker positions must have a Social Work license. A Master of Social Work (MSW) is required. Bilingual preferred.
- Licensed Social Worker with at least five (5) years of experience in youth and family direct service work, therapeutic services, crisis intervention work and community social work or the equivalent.
- Social Workers hired on this project will have at least three (3) years of experience managing direct service staff, which does not include the supervision of interns.
- They will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly competent, empathetic and culturally sensitive to the issues and social context of participating youth and families.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and the ability to connect with people with diverse and intersecting identities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed program records, complete necessary reports and meet prescribed deadlines.
- All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Living Redemption Community Development Corporation, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Living Redemption is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon receiving satisfactory references and approval of hire by applicable regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
- Falsification or omission of relevant information in connection with any application for employment is grounds for denial or dismissal.
Hours: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm or 11:00 am – 7:00 pm (some nights and weekends)
Salary: $70,000 – $75,000
Work Location: Manhattan, NY
Benefit Status: This position is eligible for excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement, life and disability insurance.
Application Process: Please complete the Job Application Form on the Living Redemption website at: https://livingredemption.org/careers-at-lrcdc/
Please include the following in application submissions:
- Cover Letter explaining salary requirements and interest in this specific position
- Current Resume
- Writing Sample
Closing Date: Open until filled; to be filled as soon as possible.