Reports to: Project Director, YSC
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Living Redemption Community Development Corporation (LRCDC) is an independent Harlem-based nonprofit, dba Living Redemption Youth Opportunity Hub (LRYOH), founded in 2019 to catalyze Central and West Harlem’s homegrown “Credible Messengers,” who are part of the larger Credible Messenger and Transformative Mentoring Movement. With a mission to Save Lives and Heal Communities One Relationship at a Time, LRCDC offers restorative transformation for Central and West Harlem’s most vulnerable populations by providing intensive Credible Messenger-led mentoring, community outreach, and a holistic model of programs and services, including wraparound support and advocacy.
The Youth Coordination Services Project (YSC) at Living Redemption Community Development Corporation will be the central coordinating mechanism for delivering mentorship, crisis intervention and city services to youth ages 12-15 and 16-19 and their families, at their request, from seven (7) NYCHA sites in our catchment areas in West and East Harlem and the Lower East Side. LRCDC will work in partnership with MOCJ to bring together city agencies at a local and system level to streamline services for youth and their families with multi-system engagement.
The LRCDC Youth Services Coordination Case Manager will support the coordination of services for LRCDC’s locations. Case Managers will regularly interface with participating youth and their families, local city agency caseworkers, and community-based partners.
Other duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads youth case management and coordination of youth service plans.
- Supports the Social Worker, when appropriate, with helping families access appropriate resources and services in the right sequence and in a streamlined manner.
- Troubleshoot severe or chronic youth service issues with Social Worker’s guidance and support.
- Leads, in partnership with the Navigator, youth, community, partner and referral outreach.
- Supports the development and facilitation of group work and youth-led community projects, as necessary.
- Updates the case management system regularly and helps Social Worker prepare insights for reports to Project leadership, Living Redemption, MOCJ and other city agency leadership.
- Other tasks as requested by the Director of Programs and necessary for Project implementation.
DEGREE & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Person in this role should have at least an Associate or Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of a High School Diploma with 5 years of experience in youth and family direct service work, youth development work, crisis intervention, or community engagement work or the equivalent.
- The case manager will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly competent, empathetic, and culturally sensitive to the issues and social context of participating youth and families.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and the ability to connect with people with diverse and intersecting identities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed program records, complete necessary reports and meet prescribed deadlines.
- All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Living Redemption Community Development Corporation, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Living Redemption is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon receiving satisfactory references and approval of hire by applicable regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
- Falsification or omission of relevant information in connection with any application for employment is grounds for denial or dismissal.
Hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm or 11:00am – 7:00pm (some nights and weekends)
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000
Work Location: Manhattan, NY
Benefit Status: This position is eligible for excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement, life and disability insurance.
Application Process – Please complete the Job Application Form and include the following in application submissions:
- Cover Letter explaining salary requirements and interest in this specific position
- Current Resume
- Writing Sample
Closing Date: Open until filled; to be filled as soon as possible.