Reports to: ATLAS Program Director
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Living Redemption Community Development Corporation (LRCDC) is an independent Harlem-based nonprofit, dba Living Redemption Youth Opportunity Hub (LRYOH), founded in 2019 to catalyze Central and West Harlem’s homegrown “Credible Messengers,” who are part of the larger Credible Messenger and Transformative Mentoring Movement. With a mission to Save Lives and Heal Communities One Relationship at a Time, LRCDC offers restorative transformation for Central and West Harlem’s most vulnerable populations by providing intensive Credible Messenger-led mentoring, community outreach, and a holistic model of programs and services, including wraparound support and advocacy.
Living Redemption Community Development Corporation is hiring staff for a community-based violence prevention program that aims to reduce violent recidivism through intensive and voluntary therapeutic services. This program is part of the Atlas initiative and uses the evidence-based Functional Family Therapy (FFT) model to engage young people and their families in holistic anti-violence services.
Atlas works to prevent violence by meeting people during a crisis, like a recent arrest or open court case and connecting them to a change process that nurtures hope and strengthens relationships. In collaboration with Atlas, Living Redemption Community Development Corporation is offering FFT to young people at elevated risk for violence in the community, victimization, or a re-arrest. FFT is an evidence-based intervention for youth and families. This high-quality, strength-focused family counseling model is designed for high-risk youth and young adults who have been referred by the criminal court, juvenile justice, mental health, school, or child welfare systems. Services are short-term and typically offered in the home, though services can be offered in the office or other community settings.
Living Redemption Community Development Corporation is seeking to hire a Data and Administrative Specialist for a community-based violence prevention program that aims to reduce violent recidivism through intensive and voluntary therapeutic services. This program is part of the Atlas initiative and uses the evidence-based Functional Family Therapy (FFT) model to engage young people and their families in holistic anti-violence services.
The Data and Administrative Specialist, reporting to the Atlas Program Director, will be primarily responsible for facilitating the program referral process including reviewing all available information about each potentially eligible participant to determine their suitability for programming. The Data and Administrative Specialist must be intimately acquainted and well-versed in the FFT program and services offered by the Living Redemption Community Development Corporation. Specific responsibilities include conducting screenings with participants and ensuring referrals meet criteria for participation, facilitating participant releases, and other processes and troubleshooting any issues that arise. In addition, the Data and Administrative Specialist must establish close connections with other departments, criminal justice agencies and community organizations on behalf of Living Redemption Community Development Corporation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete intake process, including retrieving referrals from all referral sources including the Atlas Engagement Database and Living Redemption Community Development Corporation internal referral system; ensuring referrals meet Atlas criteria and eligibility for participation, communicating with referral partners to troubleshoot any issues that arise;
- Assign families to the appropriate therapist in a timely manner;
- Communicate with judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and court staff about eligible individuals’ suitability for FFT programming;
- Collaborate with a broad range of criminal justice, city government, and community partners;
- Assist with scheduling and rescheduling participants for FFT services;
- Execute crisis intervention protocols to ensure participant safety and connection to appropriate services;
- Assist the therapists in providing written and verbal case updates to the court and other court staff as needed;
- Assist with data collection, input, and management. Maintain appropriate participant information in electronic CSS database;
- Assist with all FFT reporting;
- Attend required staff meetings and trainings;
- Attend community-based events after hours, as needed; and
- Assisting with other administrative tasks, as necessary.
DEGREE & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have a:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience working in a criminal or juvenile court setting and/or juvenile justice field;
- Ability to communicate appropriately with varying levels of stakeholders;
- Highly organized, excellent communication skills, and strong writing ability with the capacity to be detail-oriented within a fast-paced, dynamic environment highly desired;
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft and Google Suites, Slack, and be able to use Skype for Business;
- Candidates must be willing and able to work collaboratively with a variety of court personnel and on-site partner agencies in a high-pressure/fast-paced work environment;
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a culturally competent and gender-affirming manner;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, both in-person and remotely; and
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred.
- All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Living Redemption Community Development Corporation, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Living Redemption is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon receiving satisfactory references and approval of hire by applicable regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
- Falsification or omission of relevant information in connection with any application for employment is grounds for denial or dismissal.
Position Type: Full-time, must be willing to work weekend and evening hours as required.
Primary Location: Living Redemption Community Development Corporation, 302 W. 124th Street, New York, NY 10027
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is $60,000 – $65,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefit Status: This position is eligible for excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement, life and disability insurance.
Application Process: Please include the following in application submissions:
- Cover Letter explaining salary requirements and interest in this specific position
- Current Resume
- Writing Sample that reflects your community engagement style and framework
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: Open until filled; to be filled as soon as possible.